“Six different future transport possibilities are being put before people in North Dublin. People and organisations can log on to http://www.nationaltransport.ie. to submit their views on the good and the bad. They are:
1. A DART link from Clongriffin to the airport and Swords
2. A DART link from the Maynooth Railway Line to the airport and Swords via a tunnel under Glasnevin
3. A Luas line from Cabra to the airport and Swords via a tunnel under Glasnevin
4. A metro proposal from St. Stephen’s Green to the Airport and Swords
5. A combination of a number of proposed Bus Rapid Transit services
6. A combination of a DART link from Clongriffin to the airport and a Luas line from Cabra to Swords.
“North Dublin is growing and northsiders have the lowest average age in the country. They’re busy people, and as that part of the city grows, it’s about to get a lot busier. Now is the time to plan our transport for the future. Importantly, the public can have their say through a relatively simple online process.
“As the economy improves, people need to be able to move and move fast. If we’re to provide the transport to meet those needs we need to move fast too; decide on the best option for North Dublin and get it built.”